Montessori Wooden Shapes Peg Puzzle - set of 3 (9 months -2 years)
Introduce your child to their first set of puzzles! Inspired by the Montessori philosophy, these puzzles are open-ended, encourage exploration, and can be used in different ways. From shape sorting to colour recognition, there is so much that this simple toy offers your little one. These puzzles are light-weight, travel friendly, and perfect to engage your baby’s senses and cognitive and motor skills in play!
What will I get?
- A set of 3 smooth and well-rounded wooden puzzles shaped like a circle, a triangle, and a square.
- 9 brightly illustrated cards.
- The top sections of the puzzles are coloured red, yellow, and blue as these are some of the first colours that a child is able to see. The top pieces also have pegs that are perfect for little hands to lift and play.
- The puzzles have a slit at the side where you can insert the cards and play peek-a-boo.
- Add your baby's pictures into the slits and turn the puzzles into beautiful frames!
How to play?
- Babies will enjoy lifting the tops of the puzzles and putting them back.
- As they grow, you can use the puzzles to teach them colours and shapes.
- For toddlers, mix the top sections and let your child sort through and match the bases and tops.
- Slide the cards with pictures of animals, fruits, vegetables etc into the slits in the puzzle and use it to play peek-a-boo or memory games!
- Use the lids to trace the shapes and get creative!
What will my child learn?
The colours, shapes, and textured feel of the wood will hone your child’s senses.
Fitting the shapes into each slot without making mistakes will develop their problem solving skills.
Picking up and holding the puzzle pieces and trying to fit them in the right slots will enhance their hand-eye coordination, strengthen their finger muscles, and improve their pincer grasp.
Finding new ways to play with this Montessori toy will keep your child’s creative thinking alight.
Playing with this toy will also teach your child about colours and shapes, improving their vocabulary and communication.
What is it made of?
This toy is made of ivory wood and coloured using non-toxic, eco-friendly paints. It is 100% child-safe, tested and certified by ASTM and EN71 international standards.
Dimensions: 12 cm x 9 cm x 1 cm
What we stand for: