Mango madness with shumee
Have you tried the Mango banana popsicle?
Its that time of the year when the king of Indian fruits is here!
But after eating the fruit to your fill, there is a lot more you can do with it.
While the Lil chef set from Shumee is just about pretend play, there are even some recipes that kids can help you with and enjoy!
Here are some simple easy ones you can make at home.
Mango mastani - Puneri special
Mastani is like a trifle but more local and mostly made from the Alphonso mango that this part of the country is famous for. It's an absolute treat!
- In a large glass, firstly add few pieces of mangoes.
- Then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Next, pour prepared mango milk shake, leave space at the top for ice cream scoop and nuts.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Now top with few more chopped mangoes.
- Garnish with chopped cashews, almonds and pistachios.
A simple and colorful mango salsa is super easy to make! It’s sweet, spicy and absolutely delicious. Kids will love its spicy taste.
You can serve this fresh mango salsa to kids with chips, on tacos or salads, or as a salad itself.
It’s that great!!
- In a serving bowl, let the kids combine diced ripe mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeño.
- Drizzle with the juice of one lime and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Let the flavors mingle for 10 minutes or longer.
Mango AamrasAamras Puri is a childhood favourite and brings back lovely memories of summer at grandma's. Here is a simple recipe to make and savour those memories.
- Take 400 grams mangoes (Peeled and seeded) or 2 large alphonso or 3 to 4 kesar mangoes
- Add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Add a pinch of saffron strands (kesar) (optional)
- Add Sugar or powdered jaggery (gur) (optional)
- Add ¼ teaspoon dry ginger powder (saunth)
- Add water or milk as required
- Blend the contents until uniform
- Serve with hot Puris or just by itself! Its a yummy healthy treat.
Bonus recipe - Mango banana popsicle
- Peel the banana
- Remove the pit and skin from the mango
- Place all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into popsicle molds and insert sticks/handles
Share your favorites and tell us which one of these you liked the best in the comments below.