The Birth of Shumee
Educated at IIT and Harvard, Meeta could solve most problems but struggled to figure out how to keep her little boys engaged in activity that was safe and fun. Good toys were hard to find in India. The ones in the market were plastic, unimaginative or simply too expensive. Every time she travelled abroad, Meeta stuffed her bags with toys.
Eventually, she grew tired and decided to solve the problem for good. She located toy-makers in India and worked with them to design toys that were non-toxic, fun and useful.The results were great. Not only did her boys love them, so did their friends!
Meeta decided to spread the cheer. And Shumee was born. The one-stop for toys you can trust.
Meet someone special who comes with every toy.
Play, learn and grow together with our special envoy.
Bringing everyone the message of happiness and joy.
Dedicated to children everywhere, be it girl or boy.
Shumee's assurance to you:
Did you know?
Most of the plastic toys available in the market are not safe for your children, because they contain phthalates, PVC and bisphenol-A. (These are chemicals that can cause a variety of diseases, from asthma, to cancer, to impaired brain development).
Many toys contain lead, which, if ingested through the mouth or nose, can get into the bloodstream and affect body organs, including bones and the brain. Lead poisoning can cause problems with a child's growth, behaviour, and ability to learn.
According to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) around 33 tons of plastic toys are thrown in landfills every year, or the more than 179,000 tons of batteries that ran them also thrown in the trash.